CSS Menu Buttons Css3Menu.com
More about VisTrak systems
The VisTrack system uses a single high speed camera to capture club face angle, club speed,
ball path and ball speed with video swing playback.
The video play back features 32 frames of the club swing before, at and after contact with the ball.
The video will show club path, speed and face angle plus ball path, ball spin rate and speed.
Note that the VisTrak system - in contrast to other camera based launch monitors -
can be used for both left and right handed players !
Video Swing playback
The above image shows a typical VisTrak video screen shot.
When the video playback is run, you can see the club path, face angle, ball on club contact and ball direction precisely in every frame.
VisTrak's swing playback videos show your club path, speed and face angle plus ball speed and direction
in slow motion for every shot.
See video playback of your swing after every shot showing club face, path and speed, ball speed and direction.
If you're working on your game, then the VisTrak will be an invaluable aid.
Are you a golf pro instructor ?
If so you'll love the VisTrak's video swing playback feature showing every step of the swing before and after impact
in super slow motion or in frame step mode.
Over 500 videos can be stored and retrieved
VisTrak video playback controls
The new VisTrak video playback window features the following video controls:
Go to end, go to start, run at full speed, 1/2 , 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 and 1/32 speeds
Stop, Start, fast forward and backward, loop, save and load.
The new VisTrak USB3 camera captures images at over 600 frames per second using the standard frame grabbing timing
At 600 plus fps, images of the club are captured every 8cm (3 inches) at a club swing speed of 100 mph
and images of the ball are captured every 16 cm (6 inches) at a speed of 200 mph.
And VisTrak's image processing software measures all club and ball data in real time!
VisTrak functions for both left and right handed players
Video playback shows exactly how the club struck the ball and the ball path.
VisTrak voice audio
VisTrak voice audio system and club messages now available
path into-out or out- to-in and face angle in degrees
VisTrak messages :
"Looking for ball", "Ball detected - waiting for swing" etc.
These voice feedbacks are optional and can be individually switched on or off in the VisTrak window
VisTrak runs and interfaces with E6, E6 Connect, TGC, Perfect Parallel, Red Chain and ProX game software
Each VisTrak system comes with an E6 Connect
18 hole golf course and driving range software package
* Note that the free E6 Connect 18 hole course and driving range is a max 1 year trial only
add The Golf Club full version software with
150,000 courses for just
VisTrak systems run with all the above software options
All VisTrak systems come with 2 standard single 18 hole golf course game software packages
and the VisTrak Driving Range at no extra charge.
Note that every hole in the standard software can be used as a driving range too!
Important ! USB 3 only
The VisTrak camera is a USB 3 camera and must be connected to a USB 3 port on your PC.
You can identify a USB 3 port by the SS symbol next to the port
The VisTrak hi-speed camera will require a PC that is capable of running hi-speed cameras.
While most good desktop gaming PCs featuring i5 or i7 CPUs can do this, laptops are not suitable.
Please note !
GSA Golf does not guarantee that the system will function with an older PC that does not feature a USB 3 port from the manufacturer
and which has to be upgraded with an an add-on PCIe USB3 adapter.
Current max VisTrak cable length is 32ft
GSA Golf system minimum PC requirements
Intel i5 or above Processor
8GB RAM (16 GM recommended)
Nvidia 1070 Graphics Card or equivalent
(Dedicated GPU with DirectX 11 Support)
25GB of Hard Drive
Windows 10 - 64bit (Required)
Internet Connection (Required)
When using VisTrak systems - Native USB3 ports (Required)
( i.e. no add-on PCie USB3 adapters for PCs that don't come USB 3 ports as standard )
Please note - GSA Golf camera systems are not plug'n'play
GSA Golf camera systems have to be setup and that this setup procedure may take some time to complete
However, all new non base systems include free remote installation and support as of 02/01/2021
so you won't have to worry about that anymore.
VisTrak Q & A
- 1. What's in the box and what software is included?
- VisTrak base systems include the VisTrak camera with ceiling mount and a 50 ft long active USB cable with power supply.
- These system require additonal IR LED or Spotlight lighting.
- VisTrak IR systems include the 800 IR LED panel and don't require any additional lighting.
- VisTrak includes the GSA Golf Control Panel with the VisTrak video playback panel, plus 1 18 hole GSA Golf (RedChain), plus 1 E6 Connect 18 hole plus drining range game software package.
- All software is only available as a download from this web site.
- 2. Do I have to put stickers or tracking dots on my clubs and balls?
- This is not required as long as the clubs are bright, but as most are not that bright,
- then - like all other camera based club tracking systems - you'll will indeed require tracking dots or strips to be applied to the clubs.
- Dark clubs will always will always require a white strip to be applied to the leading or top edge.
- The VisTrak systems that detect ball spin (LX and Vcam B) use the logo on the ball for reference so no dots have to be applied to the balls.
- 3. If I don't buy the spot light or LED lights, can I use any other light?
- You can as long as the light is bright visible light (i.e. not IR) , super powerful
- with a lens on it to concentrate the beam spot down to around a 2 to 3 ft area.
- If it's LED, then it must be at least 65 watts.
- If halogen, then you'll probably need 4 to 6, 50 to 75 watt narrow beam lights all pointing to the hitting mat.
- Suitable LED spot lights can be found on Amazon for around $150.
- Suitable IR LED lights can be found on Amazon for around $65 each. You will probably require 4 of them.
- 4. What is the warranty period?
- 1 year
- 5. What kind of support do I get ?
- Unlimited e-mail support for life
- Remote access support is free for the initial setup as of 02/2021 with non base system purchases.
- Thereafter, available for $100 per 1 hour session (i.e $50 for half hour)
- 6. Are there any maintenance costs, subscription and software update fees ?
- There are no maintenance fees, no subscriptions and all software updates from GSA Golf software is completely free of charge for life.
- 7. Where is the Vcam mounted and does it function of both left and right handed players ?
- The Vcam and Vcam B is floor mounted, either on the left or right side of the enclosure, around 6 or 7ft away from the enclosure center line
- and about 4 or 5 ft ahead of the player's hitting position. It functions for both left and right handed players with having to move the unit.
- 8. What's the difference between the VisTrak Vcam and Vcam B ?
- The Vcam just measures ball launch angle. It can detect vertical launch angle for both left and right-handed players without having to move the unit.
- The Vcam B measures ball vertical launch angle - as the Vcam - plus measures ball spin for both right and left handed players.
- 9. What's the difference between the VisTrak LX and the HiRes LX ?
- The VisTrak LX uses the hi-speed VisTrak camera that captures video of your swing. It can also be mounted on the ceiling so that it acts like a regular VisTrak Eagle. i.e. it's two systems in one.
- The VisTrak LX is used as a stand-alone system.
- The VisTrak LX - at least at present - cannot run together with the VisTrak Eagle. i.e. you can't run two VisTrak hi-speed cameras on one PC. (We're still testing this though.)
- The Hi Res LX uses two hi-resolution triggered cameras that can be used with the VisTrak Eagle to capture both vertical launch angle and ball spin.
- The Hi Res LX cameras are triggered by the VisTrak Eagle.
- 10. Where can I see and try out the VisTrak products ?
- At present we are only selling direct online so can't offer any demos and try-outs.
- Later, as we get more bricks-and-mortar resellers, you will have the possibility to contact them for a demo.
- In the meantime, we'll be publishing VisTrak demo videos as soon as they come in.
- 11. I want to use the VisTrak with my SkyTrak, GC2, ES, Trackman etc launch monitor. Does the VisTrak influence the ball flight in these systems?
- No .
- When using VisTrak with other tracking systems other than ours, then it only provides video swing playback. It will not - in any way - effect the ball flight in these other systems
- 12. Does VisTrak show ball-on-club contact position relative to the club's sweet spot?
- Just view the video swing playback in step mode to see this.
- 13. What else does the VisTrak Eagle swing playback video show me?
- It shows: club path, club face angle at impact, before and after impact, club speed, ball direction and ball speed.
- Vertical launch angle is measured when using the add-on Vcam, otherwise estimated based on the club selected.
- 14. What other systems on the market can do all what VisTrak can for a similar price?
- To the best of our knowledge, there are no other comparable systems on the market that can do what VisTrak can do for the price. At least not on this planet.
- I've noticed that there are a number of so-called "re-furbished" systems from SkyTrak, GC2 and the like that are being sold at somewhat lower prices.
- Makes me wonder what these are though as they seem to have an unlimited supply of them. Does this mean that they have so many returned products from unsatisfied customers?
- And what does "re-furbished" mean anyway? Do they just plug em in to see if it stil works, dust em off and put em in a new box? It all seems very suspect to me. I wouldn't want to buy one, that's for sure.
- If I buy a product, then I expect it to be brand new.
- 15. I want to play the ball from various hitting surfaces like fairway, rough, sand and putting surfaces. Is this possible with the VisTrak ?
- The ball must always be played from the designated hitting zone with the VisTrak.
- However, you can use the VisTrak with our standard CX2 system that does allow you to play the ball from other surfaces.
- In this case, there will be no video swing playback of balls being played outside the VisTrak's launch zone.
- Currently we know of no other system on the market today that can record and playback swings from other surfaces outside their designated launch zones areas.
- i.e. no $18,000 Trackmans, GC Hawks or Quads, or any other system. Let us know if you find one though.
- BTW the above mentioned systems - at least as far as we know - don't even record and playback any live video swings at all.
- 16. I want to use the VisTrak as a video swing playback system with my Trackman, SkyTrak, GC2 etc.
- Can this run on the same PC ?
- That's probably possible but we couldn't guarantee it
- 17. I was thinking of purchasing the SkyTrak launch monitor. What are the advantages of VisTrak compared to SkyTrak?
- The VisTrak system offers the following advantages over SkyTrak:
- 1. VisTrak has near zero lag time between striking the ball and the ball launching in the game software.
- In contrast, SkyTrak has a 3 to 4 second lag time.
- 2. VisTrak captures club data to show club face angle at impact to the ball, club path and speed.
- In contrast, SkyTrak sees no club data. It just sees the ball and estimates what the club data would be.
- 3. VisTrak offers photographic evidence video swing playback for every shot so you can see your club path,
- club face angle and speed as it strikes the ball and the ball flight after contact.
- In contrast, SkyTrak offers no such video swing playback.
- 4. VisTrak is overhead mounted and thus functions for both left and right handed players without having to move the unit.
- In contrast, SkyTrak has to be moved in order to be used with both LH and RH players which is totally impracticable if playeing a round with both LH and RH players in the same flight.
- 5. In contrast to SkyTrak, there are no annual subscription fees with VisTrak systems.
- 6. And last but not least, VisTrak is far less expensive than the SkyTrak
- 18. I was thinking of purchasing the GC Hawk overhead launch monitor. What are the advantages of the VisTrak Eagle compared to GC Hawk?
- 1. Straight off the bat - Price. The GC Hawk retails for betwen $18,000 and $22,000 (at least as far as we know) whereby the VisTrak Eagle (at present) is priced at just $ 1,999
- 2. To the best of our knowledge, the GC Hawk does not capture any club data. While - in contrast - the VisTrak Eagle captures club face angle, club path and club speed.
- 3. To the best of our knowledge, the GC Hawk does not feature any swing playback video. While - in contrast - the VisTrak Eagle captures swing video playback for every shot.
- 4. While the GC Hawk captures ball vertical launch angle and ball spin, the VisTrak systems offer all this too for a low price additional extra.
- 5. To conclude, if you want a comparable system to the GC Hawk but don't want to fork out $18,000 plus (for fear that you might not be married anymore after such a purchase)
- then the VisTrak Eagle is right for you.
- Take it from me, if you can't get a big purchase past the Mrs, you'll be in big trouble.
Please be sure you know what you purchasing before using the credit card buy now buttons on this page.
If you you use your credit card to purchase an item and then later cancel the purchase, a 3% credit card refund fee will be charged.
i.e. that's the 3% we have to pay for the transaction.
Can I return the product for a refund if I'm not satisfied ?
Unfortunately GSA Golf (presently at least) is only a small company (i.e. we're not Amazon.com) and so can't offer any immediate refunds
However, we can offer to re-sell your returned product at a lower price - depending on condition - at some later date.
VisTrak Free Game software
Each VisTrak system comes with an E6 Connect
18 hole golf course and driving range software package
VisTrak Driving Range
Multiple ball tracjectory traces with 3D grid
VisTrak Driving Range - with built-in swing video playback
Video swing playback is built into the VisTrak driving range.
This saves you from having to switch applications (i.e. from game software to the VisTrak control panel and back)
after every shot wanting to view the swing video.
Nearest to Pin and Longest Drive contests.
In addition to all that
GSA Golf single 18 Hole golf course software package is included
VisTrak Example swing playback videos
GSA Golf partner Keith made a set of 8 example swing playback video files that you can try out (even without having a VisTrak system).
Go to the lower half of the VisTrak installation page to download and play these swing playback videos.
VisTrak Beta Test Development Videos
Note that these videos are not supposed to be professional product promotional videos as such but do give
an insight into what stage of development the VisTrak system is in at present.
We'll be producing a number of VisTrak videos soon.
Click above to view a VisTrak chipping video
The above are some first VisTrak Beta version videos done by GSA Golf partner Keith.
Note that Keith is left handed so shots seem reversed if you are a right handed player.
Hi! I'm Martin Paul Gardiner
Electronics and software development engineer and founder of GSA Golf
Regularly check out my tech news page for all our latest developments and free updates
if you have any questions
please feel free to contact me personally anytime from M to F 10am to 3pm US ET
GSA Golf reseller inquirers welcome
Contact me - Martin - for details